Community Vehicle Grants
Capital funding for a vehicle to support the work of charities with an annual income of between £25,000 and £2 million.
This is one of our four funding offers for registered charities who work to address poverty and trauma in Scotland.
- For registered charities with an annual income* of between £25,000 and £2 million
- Capital funding of £2,500 to £10,000 to part fund a vehicle to support your work
- Towards the purchase of a new or used vehicle, or the upgrade of an existing one
- Apply anytime – no set closing date
- Decision within 8 to 10 weeks.
Annual Income: This is based on the money your organisation received in the last financial year, as shown in your most recent annual accounts. If you are a new organisation, which has not yet produced accounts, you can base this on the income you expect to bring in in the year ahead.
As a general rule, we will only accept applications for Community Vehicle Grants from charities whose annual income is between £25K and £2M. There are some cases where we will make exceptions, for example, if your income last year was less than £25K but you are growing your activities and projecting increased costs; or if your income was over £2M due to one-off funding for a capital project, or additional services delivered to support your community during the pandemic. If you would like to be considered for a Community Vehicle Grant but you’re still not sure if it’s right for your charity, please call us on 0141 353 4321 to discuss.
Guidance highlights – you’ll need:
- At least three unconnected Trustees on your charity’s Board
- Recent independently examined or audited annual accounts
- A safeguarding policy if you’re working with young or vulnerable people.
Read the full guidance
View the detailed guidance for Community Vehicle Grants.
Go to the application form
Fill out an online application for a Community Vehicle Grant.
What's important to us
Read about the key criteria we consider when assessing applications.